Robin has been working at the Painted Earth studio in Temecula for 4 1/2 years, spending most of her career here as studio manager. She makes sure that everything is running smoothly at the studio and takes good care of all the other employees.
1.What is your favorite color at Painted Earth?
I don’t have one, but my favorite colors would be pottery glazes and crystal glazes. They’re all beautiful, and what you end up with is always a surprise.
2. What is your favorite part of being on Painted Earth’s Creative Crew?
It would be neck and neck between working with such an awesome team— a team that feels like family— and when you connect with a customer. You can empower people through showing them a technique and helping them through their frustration. Seeing the end results of a project I’ve helped with is very rewarding.
3. What kind of art do you like doing best?
Recently, I did a three-month long macrame window hanging, but I don’t know that I like that best. I like art thatmimics nature, where the colors seem very organic.
4. What are you most likely to be found doing when you’re not working?
Let’s see… I’d probably be found enjoying mine and my husband’s backyard garden, watching the hummingbirds and taking care of our plants. Just enjoying the work we’ve done in our garden.
5. If you could have any super power, what would it be?
It would be the ability to make time longer— to slow down time, so there’s more time for life.
6. What is an interesting fact about yourself that might surprise us?
My husband and I are karaoke singing and dancing fools! We have so much fun and laugh so hard… such a blast!
7. If you could be an animal, what kind would you be?
It would be interesting to be a majestic sea turtle that’s been around forever, just to experience how life has changed in the world over hundreds of years… But I wouldn’t want to get caught in a fishing net.
8. What is something you would like to learn or get better at?
I’m in my sixth month of guitar lessons. I’d love to learn to rock out!
9. If you could travel anywhere in the world, here would you go first and why?
I want to see everything that the North American continent has to offer, so far as natural parks and natural beauty. It’s always changing depending on the time of year you go. It’s always been a deep desire of mine.A fantasy trip would be to do a a year long road trip just to cruise and see everything
10. What is your life’s motto?
I’ve come to understand that it’s the simple things that have the deepest meaning.